PE and Sports Premium
The government are committed to improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools and as such they allocate extra funding directly to primary headteachers.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools.
Since September 2013 all schools have to be accountable for the spending of this additional funding and report this annually.
The links below allow you to look at how we spend or propose to spend our allocation of PE and Sports Premium funding.